Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Gumiho is over. Somebody hold me...


So I’m coming down off the aftereffects of a gumiho binge.  I haven’t had such a hard time putting a drama down since Coffee Prince.  I’m surprised I haven’t O.D.ed on Lee Seung-gi’s dimple.

More after the jump...

 

So I recently finished You’re Beautiful and now Gumiho  and it’s really interesting to compare the two as they are both Hong sisters creations. (and yeah, I’m totally becoming a Hong Sisters fangirl)  I really liked You’re Beautiful.  God knows it had memorable scenes.  But it just didn’t capture my heart the way that Gumiho did.  I think that the reason for that is the female main character.

Miho is daebak! I love characters that say all the things you know everyone is thinking.  Girlfriend knows what she wants.  And that is cow. And Dae-woong.  Not necessarily in that order.   

Both Miho and Minyeo were innocent and tended to act like children,  but Miho never grated in the way that Minyeo sometimes did.  I think that it boils down to Minyeo’s passivity.  Miho was always making her decisions herself, even when they were the wrong ones. Even when Dae-woong and Dong-joo are guiding her, she still makes her decisions herself. I never felt that she was just being swept along and life was just happening to her. 

And how cute were Shin Mina and Lee Seung-gi?  It was like the Great Dimple Explosion of 2010 up in here.  I hope whoever was responsible for the casting on this show got a big bonus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment