Saturday, May 19, 2012

King 2 Hearts Episodes 17 and 18

Don't go into this post expecting organized thoughts or deep insight.  After episode 18 ended I was left babbling incoherently in a corner and I typed.... something. It's all a fog at this point.


Spoilers after the jump...



 
Okay, I officially want to be Hang-ah when I grow up.  And this makes me worried for her future.  I don’t know if the universe can contain a woman this awesome. Thank goodness Jae-ha came for her, but I don't put it past Show to put her in danger again.  You're on notice, Show.  I want my Royal Wedding.

The video chat with Jae-ha at the beginning of  episode 17  killed me.  There was so much going on there I had to watch it a couple of times. The look of love and relief on his face when they first saw each other, you could tell they were both thinking this might be the last time they saw each other alive. 

When she started crying, Jae-ha’s brow and the corner of his mouth twitched—he could certainly tell that this was out of character for her even if he wasn’t sure yet if it was real or not.  When she reminded him of the man she expected him to be, the thunderstruck look on his face as she called him back to himself (as she does so well) as well as the subtle way she used their shared memories to communicate with him just underscored the strength of the relationship between these two.  They are reaching that point that some couples have of knowing each other so well they are practically psychic.  Because apparently now I’m thinking they are real people.

And then she disarms her guards and turns a pair of sunglasses into a weapon.  Um, yeah, Bong-gu, you forgot she wasn’t just some princess. Homegirl is Special Forces.  Best. Future. Queen. Ever.


I spent most of Episode 18 trying to watch through tears or with a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.  The ending…I think the show is trying to kill me.  Shi-kyung, noooooooo!!!!!111!!!

Although I’m ashamed to admit….I got a little sidetracked in the final scene because daaaaaang! Jo Jung-seok was wearing the hell out of that suit. 


Sigh!

Anyway….

Hang-ah continued her reign of awesomeness by trying to keep it together in the prison.  The details are what really get to me.  In the vision of Jae-ha comforting her it was the bruises on her hands that turned me into a sobbing mess.  


I loved the way Lee Seung-gi acted out the scene where Hang-ah was shot in the prison.  Instead of running straight to her, he moved in a way that he was rushing but with a heavy weight in his steps, holding his head in his hands.  It was like the terror of what he might find when he reached her held him back.  That the longer it took to reach her, the longer he could delay the possibility of her being dead.  Ow, my heart hurts. 

And I’m missing Kang-seok. We keep seeing the other members of the WOC team. Where’s the man with the rocket launcher?  Which is so bizarre because I hated his character  so, so, so, so much in Greatest Love.  Acting!

I’m totally past the point of being able to speak intelligently about this show.  I’ll just be in the corner, trembling, until next week.  Although I’ll probably be back in that corner next weekend when Show is over . 

Here comes Post Show Depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment