Wednesday, May 16, 2012

100 Days With Mr. Arrogant

Okay, I thought this was really funny.  It stars Ha Ji-won and Kim Jae-won. This came out way back in 2004 and the role is hugely different from anything else I've seen Ha Ji-won in as she's playing a high school senior (though she still gives the stink eye like nobody's business).  Also, is there anyone that she doesn't have sizzling chemistry with?  I swear they could cast her opposite a chair and we would all be convinced she and that chair are the OTP.


It is also my opinion that you should watch this movie for the scene where Ha Ji-won does a Sailor Moon impersonation.  It's worth it. Trust.


Kim Jae-won plays the rom-com staple of Rich Jerk, although I think it's obvious from the beginning that he's manipulating the situation because he likes her.  He holds her responsible for a ding on his car bumper and she agrees to become his slave to work off the debt.  And hilarity ensues!


Goony stuff:  They call each other Master and Slave. Yeah. I'm not going to touch that one.  Also there is some gross out humor that made me actually gag at one point. 


But I really got annoyed by the WTF ending.  I don't even know what happened there, or who tacked that on and thought it would be a good idea.   My theory is that they thought they were making her too wimpy and so decided to switch things up to....I don't know.  But I didn't think it was true to the character and the story they had been telling up to that point at all. 


Tropes that sucked me in:  Contract Relationship, First Love, Sassy Female Lead





No comments:

Post a Comment